Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kashmir (East Coast)

I noticed there are now many eateries around Katong and Joo Chiat area.  I checked out this North Indian restaurant as I noticed they had quite a number of customers who looked clearly like they were enjoying their food.... and I felt like having a snack. :)



We were recommended a fish appetiser, and I agreed to try it out.  The burst of flavour from the spices were fabulous but it was not too overpowering.  Only that I find it a tad too salty for me, if they had tune the salt just a notch down it would have been perfect.


The fish was fresh and it was in chunks.  It was tender and moist and so flavourful.  I will order this again but I will request for less salt.  It is a little like fish and chips, only that, this is much better :)



I ordered my favourite Rogan Gosht  but the waiter recommended the Boneless Lamb Gosht and I thought why not?  Again, it was fabulous.  The lamb was tender and the gravy delicious!


When we were ordering the chicken dish, we asked the waiter for suggestions and he came up with this dish that I don't know the name.  Nevertheless, it was very very good.  It was a little sweet for me but it was very nice.  Again, the chicken was tender and moist and the spices were well put together.


The garlic and butter naan that we ordered was also freshly made and it was still lovely and hot when served.  The service was very good too.  They were extremely observant when we needed service although we were sitting outside.  They were also extremely polite.

I will definitely go back to try out other dishes with my other makan friends. :)

Ratings:
Fish with spices (appetiser) 9.5/10
Boneless Lamb Gosht 9/10
Chicken dish 9/10
Garlic and Butter Naan 9.5/10

Service: Excellent

19 East Coast Road (beside Odeon Katong)
Tel: 6344 9163

No comments:

Post a Comment