Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ling Zhi Vegetarian Restaurant by Tung Lok

A very good friend suggested Ling Zhi for lunch as she had not been there for ages.  As for me, I have never been there at all so it was a good idea.

My girlfriend was the one who ordered the dishes and she mentioned luckily we like mushrooms as there's mushrooms in every dish :)


The first course was the salad.  The staff came with salad in a bottle, shaking it to coat the dressing evenly.  There was a bit of a showmanship there...

I had forgotten to take a shot of the salad as I was hungry.  The next course is supposed to be shark fin soup, only that it is from a melon, according to my friend.  It gives almost the same texture as the real thing.  It looks similar too and it was tasty.  Nowadays, I avoid having the real shark fin soup after finding out how they were treated...
Vegetarian shark fin soup

The next dish was spinach with truffles.  I thought the mushrooms on top look slightly like abalone.  Again, it's tasty with just the right seasoning.

Ah, the next dish is one of my favourite dish, though I had never had the vegetarian version, Kung Pao Chicken.  It looks similar to the real thing with the cashews and all.  The sauce was good.  Couldn't remember though what the "chicken" was made from but it was good.


The fried rice came and by now we were full.  It was ok but not outstanding.  I also had forgotten to take a shot of the ultra thin pancakes made to look like duck skin.  I guess we were too busy eating and talking :D


Generally, I think it was all very good and I may visit this restaurant again.  My only concern is that I suspect that there's some MSG as my body could feel when there's any.  However, I think it's an excellent choice for vegetarians.

"Kung Pao Chicken"   8/10
Spinach dish                8.5/10
"Sharkfin Soup"          8.5/10
Fried Rice                    7/10

Service:                       8.5/10

Lingzhi Vegetarian Restaurant
541 Orchard Road
#05-01 Liat Towers
Tel: (65) 6734 3788
Opening hours daily: 11.30am-3pm, 6pm -10pm

1 comment: