Thursday, February 10, 2011

No Menu












I tried a few times to get a reservation at this restaurant and it was rather difficult to get a table as they are always full. This family owned establishment is run by the whole family, Osvaldo Forlino, is the chef, his wife and his two daughters also helps out in the restaurant. It is a very cozy restaurant with very nice deco with a very homely Italian feel.

It took me a while to find a parking spot but I was lucky enough to get a space just outside the restaurant. I managed to get a table for lunch on a weekday as they are close for lunchtime on weekends and only open on Saturday nights for dinner (they are close on Sundays). When I got there, I had to wait a while as they were clearing the table as they have two seatings for lunch. I read somewhere that their pastas are fantastic so I kept that in mind.

We were given a simple salad to go with the tenderloin beef carpaccio. The carpaccio was fresh and tender and simply lovely. My daughter couldn't decide which one she wanted as her main course, so we ordered both the ravioli and the risotto, both her favourite. While my friend ordered the spaghetti with prawns and chilli. The ravioli was done simply with garlic and tomato sauce but it was fablicious. The squid ink risotto has tiny squid in it and bits of crab for flavour. It was yums! The spaghetti with prawns and chilli was also fantastic. I must say that their pastas are fabulous. It was done simply but it was super tasty.

My daughter then finished off her meal by ordering a chocolate truffle. I had a taste as I am not a dessert person and I must say that I like it very much.

Oh! Their homemade bread was fantastic as well and the balsamico that we were given was DELICIOUS! It was thick and had a fruity flavour. I guessed that it was grapes and I was right :)... I decided to buy a bottle for myself to take home too.

It was indeed a fabulous lunch paired with a bottle of their lovely prosecco. I will definitely come back again, next time for dinner.

Reservations is a must.

Ratings:

Carpaccio: 8.5/10
Ravioli with tomato sauce: 9.5/10
Squid Ink Risotto: 9.5/10
Spaghetti with Prawns and Chilli: 8.5/10
Chocolate Truffle: 10/10

No Menu
23 Boon Tat Street
Singapore 069621
Tel: +65 6224 0091

No comments:

Post a Comment