Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shaik Sabri's Xpress Briyani




I LOVE Briyani! It is one of my most favourite dishes. One afternoon, I decided that I must have my briyani fix so I went to a place that my friend had "bungkus" (take-away) for me before. I came back again as I remembered it to be pretty good. I wasn't even sure whether they were open so I was very pleased to see a Chinese guy manning the little shop with a helper.

Actually, I am a lamb person but they had no lamb on that day so I decided to get the beef briyani instead. The rice was perfectly cooked (it separates nicely) and it was excellent. It reminds me more of a wedding style Nasi Minyak (Ghee Rice) than Briyani and it was delish. The beef gravy was good but it could do with the beef being stewed a little longer as I find it a little chewy but it was acceptable. The Acar Timun (pickled cucumber) was fresh, crunchy and slightly sweet. The Chicken Masala was also very decent, not sour and just the right amount of spices.

Next time you are craving for briyani, keep this place in mind. This takeaway joint is located next to KFC in Bedok Interchange. There are no seating area. I heard that they cater for weddings and events as well.

*Halal

Rating:

Briyani Rice 8.5/10
Beef Curry: 7.5
Cucumber Acar: 8.5/10
Chicken Masala: 7.5/10

(June 2011:  Please be informed that this outlet is no longer in the current location.  Will update when we find out their current location).


Tel: 1800 246 4838




1 comment: