Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hasan Rabit & Hawa, Simpang Bedok

I fancied having a Nasi Briyani (again :)) and was told by my JJCM kaki that Hasan Rabit has a new outlet in Simpang Bedok.

We head there and ordered Briyani.  They served it in a huge plate for four people ($22).  I must say it's excellent.  The rice wasn't oily and the spices with the lamb was super tasty.  It was good enough to have it on it's own.  The Dalca gravy that came with it was a disappointment though.  It was very average even bordering on being tasteless.  Fortunately, the rice was fabulous so there was no need for the Dalca.  The lamb was tender and fell off the bone.  It was delicious!  I do think it's more of a Nasi Minyak than Nasi Briyani.  Regardless, I thought it was worth my visit here.  To be honest, I am not very big on Simpang Bedok as I find it chaotic and seems to have loads of men around.

Hasan Rabit Dalca
Hasan Rabit Lamb Briyani

We also ordered the You Tiao ($8) from Hawa.  It was oily and there was hardly any squid filling in it.  It was almost hollow inside.  I will definitely not have this here ever.
You Tiao from Hawa

Ratings: 
Hasan Rabit Lamb Briyani 9/10
Dalca: 3/10
Hawa You Tiao  3/10

Hasan Rabit
Simpang Bedok

Hawa
Simpang Bedok

No comments:

Post a Comment