Friday, January 28, 2011

Hua Yu Wee Seafood Restaurant




This unpretentious seafood restaurant is located in a quaint old bungalow along Upper East Coast Road.

A few of my friends dragged me to this restaurant when they heard that I didn't even know of this place. I think there's not many of such restaurants with the same setting around. It is surrounded by lush greenery of old trees at the back. It's super casual and the service is good without being intrusive.

We tried the chili crab, you tiao, crispy squid and kailan with oyster sauce.

The chilli crab was good though I find the sauce to be a tad sweet. One of my friends thinks that it used to be better. The crispy squid was crispy :) and it was one of those that you cannot stop once you start munching on one. The you tiao was excellent! I enjoyed it very much. It was crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside. I will definitely come back for these.

On the whole, I think it is a great place for seafood and I like the place as it has an "old-school" feel about it. The prices are reasonable too.

Rating:
Chilli Crab: 8/10
Yu Tiao: 8/10
Crispy Squid: 8/10

462 Upper East Coast Road
Tel: (65) 241 1709

No comments:

Post a Comment