Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Snacks

Kuih Lupis




I have been very very busy recently, hence, I have not been able to update my blog.  

Anyway, I came across some Kuih Lupis the other day and since it is one my daughter's favourite kuih, I decided to get some.  The Lupis is tasty and soft.  The grains are only slightly visible when you cut it across.  It is tender and moist and the "gula melaka sauce" (palm sugar) is not diluted.  My daughter told me that she rates this as No.2 so far, but then again her No. 1 choice was made by a friend's relative and can't be bought in the shops.  So that means, it's good.

Rating: 8/10

Mukmin Cafe
Bedok North Road
opp Bedok Stadium


Chocolate Tarts

There's another place which I must mention, though I was thinking of keeping it a secret :)  but I don't think that's fair to all of you :P

For those who knows me personally, they all know that I am not a snack person nor am I a dessert kinda gal.  Though, I will definitely make an exception for these "to-die-for" choc tarts.  I was introduced to this place by my JJCM Kaki (literal translation Walk Walk Find Food Buddy).  It is a small bakery and everything is being handmade by the owners, the auntie who does the tarts looks like she's at least 70 years old.  But let me tell you, you cannot stop at 2 or 3 when you start popping it in your mouth!!!

Th pastry is soft and slightly flaky with almost a "buttery-biscuity" flavour.  The chocolate is so creamy, yummy and not too sweet.  You have to have it almost immediately when it's out from the fridge else it would break apart.  The size is rather small and I would prefer it to be slightly larger in size.  Usually we'll get about 20 to 30 pieces for 3 persons.  It's selling for 80 cents per piece.

You have to go early as it's usually sold out by 4pm.  This is a MUST TRY!

Rating: 9.5/10

Nona Manis Bakery
Katong Shopping Centre
865 Mountbatten Road
#B1-93

No comments:

Post a Comment