Sunday, September 18, 2011

Prive

I have not been updating my blog for the past month as I had other priorities for the past month. 

When one of my friends suggested Prive one Friday evening, we thought it was a good idea.

The view
I had been there before for a friends' wedding cocktail and I think it's a nice chill out outdoor place with good view.  When we got there, it was full so we were lucky that we managed to get a table.
Full house on a Friday night

We placed our order and was told that it would take at least 30 minutes for the food to come.  Since it was going to take that long, the waitress asked if we would like to order some appetisers while waiting for the mains.  So we did.  To cut the story short, we still did not get our appetisers after 45 mins.  We asked the waitress and it then arrived about 10 minutes later.

I had forgotten to take the appetiser shots as we were really hungry. Very shortly after, my salmon was also served, so I started with my main course.  One grilled chicken arrived 5 minutes later, so we asked where's the other grilled chicken as we had ordered two of each.  They said it was coming.  About 25 minutes later, there were still no chicken.  We then called for the manager as we were about to finish our dinner while a friend of ours was just watching us as his chicken was nowhere in sight!  The manager came and apologised and told us that "their chef is rather moody" which we thought was a strange thing to say.  Anyway, eventually after about 10 more minutes, it finally arrived.

One of the appetisers but I didn't have any of this

The salmon was a safe bet.  It was well seasoned though I wished they had given a bit more vegetables.

Grilled Salmon


The grilled chicken was well cooked, taste- wise it was acceptable but not wow.

Grilled Chicken

 We then ordered two desserts to share just for taste.  The desserts were rather decent.


Prive is nice to go for sunset drinks and to chill out with friends.  However, it does get crowded over the weekends so service is not great.

I would prefer that all of us could have enjoyed our meal at the same time otherwise all of us should just have stayed at our own home and eat separately...

Grilled Salmon: 7.5/10
Grilled Chicken: 7/10
Desserts: 7.5/10

No. 2 Keppel Bay Vista
Marina At Keppel Bay
Singapore 098 382
Tel: +65 6776 0777

1 comment: