Saturday, July 30, 2011

Le Parisien Bistro (2nd review)

Foie Gras

Second Review

This restaurant has introduced foie gras to its menu.  Naturally, I had to try it.  The foie gras was well cooked on the inside, smooth and buttery.  The apricots that came with it was lovely to cut the richness flavour from the foie gras.  Personally, I would like the foie gras to be more seared on the outside but it was fine.
Veal

The veal came in a generous portion.  It was tender and cooked very well.  The gravy was rich and tasty though the veal should be seasoned just a little more.  Though it's better to be slightly under than over salty. 

Creme brulee
I tried the creme brulee and definitely has improved on the texture since I was there the last time.  It is soft but firm, just the right texture.  It's tasty, creamy and what I like most is that I could see the tiny vanilla pods in it, delicious...

Ratings:
Foie gras 8/10
Veal: 8/10
Creme Brulee: 9/10

10 Haji Lane

Tel: 6396-6383

Opening Hours:
Tue-Sun 11am-11pm



1 comment:

  1. Woah, since when you eat dessert? :)

    Veal and foie gras... mmm, so rich, my fave!

    ReplyDelete