Saturday, October 6, 2012

Wild Honey

My girlfriend suggested meeting up for brunch at 11am and I was wondering where could we go?  She suggested Wild Honey at Scotts and the good thing is they start at 9 am.

When we got there,  noticed all of the tables were taken and it was a weekday!  Luckily, we had a reservation.

The waitress took our orders and my friend was deciding whether she would have champagne or white wine.  Since she was going to order just by the glass, she asked how old was the champagne.   After the waitress, went back and forth for at least three times to get the answer, she decided to have the white wine as it was just opened as opposed to the champagne which was five days old.  We were discussing that they must have a good way to keep the champagne fresh for that long but we were not taking the risk.  The good thing is that, they are honest about it.

The drinks came and we noticed that our colour choices of our two drinks were similar :D  I ordered a beetroot based juice and she ordered a citrus based one.  I can't remember the name of the juices though.  Look at the photos :)



My friend ordered the I Love New York breakfast.  It's scrambled eggs with caramelised onions and smoked sturgeon with sesame bagel and cream cheese ($24).  It looks pretty good but she only finished the bagels and not the scrambled eggs.  She said it was ok but I guess there's not much variety tastewise on her plate.

I Love New York

I ordered the Aussie as she told me she usually order this when she comes here.  You can choose a smaller portion of 120gms of grass fed sirloin ($28) or 240gms ($38).  I picked the former as I don't think I can finish the bigger portion.  It's served with sunny side up, potatoes, baked lima (I think so) beans,  red and yellow peppers, melted onion and grilled brioche.  Oh and mushrooms!  In terms of variety of taste on a plate, I would recommend this choice.  The sirloin was actually tasteless however, there's sea salt on the table so you can just add accordingly or if the sauce was sufficient for you.  The mushrooms were tasty.  The potatoes were not hot and slightly spongy in texture.   I like the baked beans though.  On the whole, I enjoyed it very much as I finished almost everything or maybe I was hungry :)  I will order this again when I come here next time and hope they do a better job with their spuds.

Aussie

Ratings:
I Love New York:  7/10
Aussie: 7.5/10

Wild Honey
6 Scotts Road, Scotts Square
Singapore
Tel: 6636 1816
They have another outlet in Mandarin Gallery, check out their website for more details.

http://www.wildhoney.com.sg



No comments:

Post a Comment