Friday, April 15, 2011

Akashi Japanese Restaurant





When I entered this restaurant, it was rather full of "ladies-who-lunch" and professionals.  Fortunately, there was a table for us as I was just passing by this place and it was lunchtime.  We were greeted by friendly servers who were prompt and I was glad.

When the Sukiyaki came, I thought that the pot was not hot enough but my egg cooked nicely when I slipped it in.  It was very tasty and came with soft tofu, loads of veges and a rather generous amount of sliced beef.  I really enjoyed it very much as it was not too sweet with all the right flavours.

The tempura was crunchy and the sushi was as expected but we were disappointed with the chawan mushi and the miso soup.  The chawan mushi was runny and rather bland.  The miso soup had a strange smell and a funny aftertaste.  So we left it.

The Gyu Teriyaki Set was nice.  The beef portion could be 50gms more.  It was good and it was marinated well and was coated with a thin layer of flour which I find interesting from a Japanese restaurant for beef teriyaki.  Again, it was not too sweet, which is good.

The servers were attentive and kept topping up our tea.  All in all, I think it's an ok restaurant but don't expect the food to be  too "refined"...

Ratings:
Miso Soup: 1/10
Chawan Mushi: 4/10
Sukiyaki: 8/10
Gyu Beef Teriyaki Set:  7/10
Tempura: 7/10

Service: 8/10

Price range: Medium

1 Tanglin Road
#01-01A
Orchard Parade Hotel
Tel: 6732 4438

No comments:

Post a Comment