Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Oso Ristorante



A good friend was asking me where to go for dinner and I suggested Oso as I had not been there for a while.

It's a 2 storey restaurant opposite the Chinatown area surrounded by quaint old shophouses. As I entered, there was a singer at the lounge and a cigar bar. The restaurant upstairs also has a balcony area which I find rather pleasant.

My friends ordered veal, risotto, crabmeat pasta, while I ordered the 2 week old aged beef. The veal was tender but somewhat lacking something in the taste department. There was "something missing" and it was just "ok ok" according to him. The crabmeat pasta looks nice and creamy but tastewise it could have been better. My other friend's risotto was decent, it's done well but we had forgotten to take any shots. My 2 week old aged beef was tender but I find that it lacks seasoning. There's nothing much you can do with steak but I think good seasoning is a must. The asparagus that went with it was crunchy and tasty.

As we were sitting at the balcony area, the photos turn out a bit dark due to minimal lighting. On the whole, I think it is a nice restaurant with very good service. Though I remembered the food being better before than this visit.

Ratings:

Veal: 6/10
Crabmeat Pasta: 6/10
Risotto: 7/10
2 week old aged beef: 6/10


46 Bukit Pasoh Road
Singapore 089858
Tel: 6327 8378
www.oso.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment