Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tang Tea House Hong Kong Cafe









For some reason, I like having dim sum on Sundays. It's light and you can take your time. So, I decided to go to Tang Tea House in Bedok Road. According to their posters, they are the first halal dim sum in Singapore. They are in a coffee shop and they shared a shop lot with Botak Jones and another shop selling seafood, chicken rice etc.

Of course, one must try the basic dim sum like Har Kow and Siew Mai. The Har Kow was pretty good. Prawn was fresh, slightly crunchy and the filling was generous. The Siew Mai was a little salty but it was acceptable. One of my fave is chicken feet, I know some people are squeamish about this but I like it. The sauce was a bit different, it was a bit sweet and slightly spicy but I suspect they are trying to cater to the Malay clientele. The Carrot Cake was not too oily and it was nice. The Deep Fried Shrimp Dumplings were not bad. BBQ Chicken Pau filling was slightly sweet for me. I also ordered You Tiao from the other shop as I try almost every place that sells You Tiao. It was crispy though I wished it had a little more cuttlefish paste.

On the whole, I think the meal was ok, but not "wow"....

*Halal

Ratings:

Har Kow 7.5/10
Siew Mai 6.5/10
Chicken Feet 5/10
BBQ Chicken Pau 6/10
Pan Fried Carrot Cake 7.5/10
Deep Fried Shrimp Dumpling 7/10
You Tiao 6/10

No. 357/359 Bedok Road
Singapore 469545
Tel: 6445 9100

No comments:

Post a Comment