Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tanjong Katong Cafe

My girlfriend and I was attending an event and since my English girlfriend does not own a kebaya (understandably so), we decided to head to Tanjong Katong Complex to find a nice piece for her.  To be honest, initially I was not sure where to go but another girlfriend told me there's one shop which could probably be worth a visit.

After we had a look at a couple of shops, we decided to head downstairs to the coffee shop to have a drink and think about it.

I heard from some friends that the food here is ok, although I've never tried.  This cafe had been here since the complex opened many many years ago.  Hence, the ultra retro deco :)... I decided to order myself a plate of Hong Kong noodles as a snack as I had my lunch earlier.  It was freshly fried although initially I thought it was the "gravy" kind.  There were loads of vegetables and it was crispy, just how I like it.  It was decent and rather tasty, very Chinese style.  I think the chefs are from China.  I noticed the the servers are still wearing the same "SQ-like" uniform and somehow, I find that quite funny...

Rating:  6.5/10

Service: 5.5/10

Tanjong Katong Cafe
Ground floor
Tanjong Katong Complex

No comments:

Post a Comment