Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Astons Katong


I was looking for something simple and quick one lunchtime and decided to try Astons in Katong as I was around the area.

This is a fuss free, simple, family type steak restaurant. Nothing fancy and no frills. My friend and I decided to order the sirloin with mushroom sauce and the prime rib eye. Each steak came with 2 side dishes that we could pick from the menu. I picked the onion rings and baked potato while my friend ordered the coleslaw and fries.

The steak was a reasonable portion and the dish was simple in presentation. Both the steak doneness was just right but felt it was not seasoned enough. So, I decided to slather butter on mine :) The quality of the meat was ok, it was not tough or chewy and it was moist. The side dishes portions were decent and although not fancy, it tasted acceptable too.

Astons is more of a family restaurant and has many outlets throughout Singapore. I noticed there were quite a number of teenagers having lunch with friends after school as well. On the whole, I think the prices are reasonable and the staff were helpful and efficient. It is not really a place you would like to bring your date but more suitable for you to bring your kids for a casual meal...

Ratings:

Sirloin Steak: 6.5/10
Prime Rib Eye: 7/10

Astons
119/121 East Coast Road
Tel: 6247 7857

No comments:

Post a Comment