Thursday, March 10, 2011

Alfiah



I was too busy to cook dinner one day and after picking up my daughter from school, I decided to buy some food. I drove pass a coffee shop and it looked crowded so I decided to give it a try.

There were so many choices here from lontong to prata to seafood. I felt like having the Mee Hoon Goreng (Fried Bee Hoon) and the Sop Tulang (direct translation Bone Soup :) You can only find this red indian style mee hoon in Singapore. My sister tried to find this dish in KL years back, with no success.

When I got my food, I found that the Mee Hoon Goreng was slightly wet, which was a bit strange for this dish. Taste wise it was just ok. Let's just say I had tasted many better ones.

The Sop Tulang looks slightly curry-ish. I suspect that they accidentally put too much star anise and cardamom as it tasted really strong of these two spices. The meat was tender and the marrow was ample, shame the gravy was not really up to mark...

*Halal

Rating:
Sop Tulang 5.5/10

Mee Hoon Goreng 6/10

Alfiah
Blk 89
Bedok North Road
opposite Bedok Police Station

No comments:

Post a Comment