Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bonta







I have not been updating as been really busy lately. Anyway, I decided to check out Bonta one evening for dinner.

I suggest you make a reservation as it is quite a small-ish restaurant. When I got there, I was greeted by a lady hostess who tried to sound polite but came across quite abrupt and not very tactful.

The bread that came was straight from the oven and it was delicious! There were bits of nuts and goats cheese in the bread. The foie gras was done very well and it was tender, moist and not stringy. It was really good. The pasta was tasty and not too creamy. The prawns had a bit of crunch to it just the way I like it. My main was the tenderloin and even though the potion was a bit small, it was enough for me. It was perfectly done and seasoned well. The potatoes that went with it was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The asparagus were also well executed. I must say that every item on my plate was cooked very well. My dessert was mango gelato covered with chopped pistachios. It was decent and it is good enough for me as I am not a dessert person.

I think the food was good though the service lacks soul. It was just execution with no personality... hence, my daughter told me to include service ratings for restaurants from now on.

Ratings:

Bread: 9/10
Foie gras: 8.5/10
Tenderloin: 9/10
Mango gelato: 7/10

Service rating: 6/10

207 River Valley Road, #01-61 UE Square River Wing,
Singapore 238275
(junction corner of Mohamed Sultan Road and Unity Street)
Tel: (65) 6333 8875
Fax: (65) 6333 8655

Operating Hours:
12.00pm to 2.30pm daily for lunch (closed for lunch on Sat)
6.30pm to 11.00pm daily for dinner

http://www.bonta.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment