Monday, March 28, 2011

No Menu (2nd review)







Decided to head to No Menu again with a bunch of friends. As usual, it was full. Luckily I managed to reserve a table two days earlier.

I decided to try their Lamb Shank this time. When it came, I thought it was too big for me but after the first bite, I knew I picked the right dish :P. The meat fell off the bone and the sauce was light and perfect. The natural juices of the lamb and my delicious saffron risotto had just the right amount of flavour and did not taste too "rich". The Veal Milanese was good but the breaded bit was not as crispy as I expected. I am not sure if it is their style and meant to be that way here but another venue has better Veal Milanese in our humble opinion... The pasta with simple tomato and cheese (can't remember which one they substitute it with as the one on the menu was delayed from Italy) was yummy. It was simple yet so good. Personally, I think that is the mark of a good chef, making excellent simple dishes. The dessert was full of chunks of apple and it was not too sweet. This sort of dessert would suit me as it's not too heavy on sugar or cream. Tiramisu was good too, it doesn't look fancy but that's what I like about this place, authentic home-style good food.

They were extremely busy so occasionally they overlooked a couple of things that we wanted. However, we did not really mind as it was not like they were twiddling their thumbs or chit chatting in a corner somewhere... and they were genuinely friendly and welcoming.

Please make reservations and better still, do not drive as there's hardly any parking around that area unless you don't mind walking.

Oh! and my friends were wondering why were they serving their coffee in little soup bowls... I told them possibly to make it easier for left handed people too :D

Ratings:

Lamb Shank: 9.5/10
Pasta with Tomato & Cheese: 9/10
Veal Milanese: 8/10
Tiramisu: 8.5/10
Dessert: 8/10

Service:
8/10

23 Boon Tat Street
Singapore 069621
Tel: +65 6224 0091

Open for lunch and dinner from Mon to Fri
Open for dinner only on Saturdays
Close on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment