Friday, July 1, 2011

Vivitalia

I decided to try this restaurant after they posted their restaurant on my Singapore Restaurants, Singapore Food Facebook wall.  They are also a halal Italian venue.  I was curious so after picking my daughter up from school, I "conned" her into having lunch here because she does not really like to eat out as she prefers my cooking :)

Vivatalia must be rather new as they still have a few kitchen utensils on the table by the entrance.  It looks more like a casual cafe instead of a restaurant.  There are a few tables by the outdoor area/ balcony.  Some contractors were also seen doing some finishing touches.


My daughter ordered the Cream Chicken Spaghetti ($10.90) as she likes cream sauce pasta.  It was creamy and tasted ok.  Although they could have put a little bit more chicken as I had to look for it.  The ginger and mint drink was a tad sweet as they use cordial mint instead of fresh mint.



My Fish & Chips came in a rather big plate.  It was one big piece of fish and I was pleasantly surprised that the quality of the fish was good.  It was coated with a thin batter and it was not soggy.  The batter could do with a little more salt but it was fine as the fish was nice.  However, the coleslaw that came with it was too little. 

We were halfway through our meal when our order of garlic bread arrived.  They were bits of garlic and I must say it is good. 


When we were nearly done with our meal, a server came with two bowls of mushroom soup.  It was complimentary from the restaurant.  I find the mushroom soup a bit runny.  I think it's the first time I had main course- bread- soup in that order. 

I honestly think they could put some effort on presentation.  The food does not look appealing and looks like it's just slap on the plate.  It reminds me more of a canteen. Tastewise, I think it's not wow but decent.  They are obviously targeting the office lunchtime crowd.  It's also suitable for young children and if I am not mistaken, there's a play area just beside it.  The food should be out in proper order (unless advised otherwise) as I do find it strange finishing my meal with mushroom soup... well, perhaps they are still very new...

Spaghetti Chicken Cream Sauce 6/10
Fish & Chips 6.5/10
Garlic Bread: 8/10

50 Tampines North Drive 2
inside Courts Megastore
Level 2
Singapore 528766
Mon-Sun 10am to 10pm

Tel: 823 283 55

No comments:

Post a Comment