Friday, January 21, 2011

Porta Porta



On Christmas Eve, my friends and I decided to find a restaurant that is a) not in the city as we do not want to fight with the crowd b) a cosy restaurant. We decided on Porta Porta.

It is a smallish restaurant run by their own family members. I was told that the owner is a Singaporean Malay lady and her Italian husband is the chef.

It was perfect for us as we did not want to be in a busy and "commercial" restaurant for Christmas Eve. All of us enjoyed everything that was served: the antipasti, soup, cheese rice balls, lamb, salmon... the list goes on. A vegetarian friend of ours, enjoyed her meal tremendously too. They served honest good food, not much frills but definitely worth going. We had such a great time that I had forgotten to take any food shots :) Will definitely take more shots on my next visit...

*No pork, no lard

Rating: 8/10


971 Upper Changi Road North
Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment