Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mee Rebus




A friend brought me here one morning for breakfast when I told him that I fancied Mee Rebus. I had never been here nor heard of this place before (where have I been?!?). First of all, Selera Kita only starts around 9.30 am in the morning and as soon as they ran out of Mee Rebus, they close shop. That would normally be around 11.30 am. He was telling me how delish the Mee Rebus here, and I couldn't wait :p...

There was a loooong queue, so he joined the line and I "chopped" the seat. When I finally took a spoonful of the sauce, I fell in love at first taste. It was tasty and the sauce consistency is just right, not too thick and not too runny. I don't think they use any "thickening" agent like starch so it was really really good. The base of the sauce made up of those tiny prawns that brings the flavour of the taucho and the other ingredients.

The most "expensive" bowl is at $2. The owner said she doesn't have a bowl big enough to charge more! :)) This is a must go place for mee rebus and it is definitely worth the queue.

*Halal

Hygiene rating : A
Rating: 9.5/10

Selera Kita
Bedok South Hawker Centre
(opp Bedok Stadium)

No comments:

Post a Comment