Friday, January 21, 2011

Laksa


I have friends asking me where's the best place to eat this or that. Sometimes, a place can be good one day and not really on the other. The places that are consistently good, are usually the ones that attract the crowd. However, I noticed, even if it is not that good but just because they HAD a reputation to be good, they still get the crowd.

Anyway, I found two places so far with very good Malay Laksa. Malay Laksa has a different sauce as it is actually made from Tenggiri fish. I love Tenggiri :) I like it as it does not have that fishy smell and it tastes great. The garnishes are usually some beansprouts, cucumber and Thai basil with a dollop of sambal (chilli paste) on the side. It is a refreshing dish and I found the two that is worth your visit.

One is at Bedok Corner at the Oleh-Oleh stall and the other is at Mukmin in Bedok North, Block 129 opposite the Bedok Stadium.

The Laksa at Bedok Corner has a slightly thicker gravy and the sambal is very spicy. While the Laksa from Mukmin has a slightly lighter consistency but equally tasty.

Will definitely update when I discover others worth mentioning... :)

*Halal

Oleh-Oleh Stall Rating: 9/10
Mukmin Stall Rating: 8.5/10

2 comments:

  1. this one looks like the malay type of laksa, which is my favouite, prefer them over the singaporean chinese ones really, will try out these outlets as you mentioned :)
    --adel

    ReplyDelete